We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Applications from the X edition of the Non Waste Award aimed at anyone who has created an original and useful project, idea or initiative on the issues of sustainability and anti-waste in the social, economic and environmental dimension.
The award was born from an idea of Antonio Galdo, site directorDon't waste it and author of the booksDo not waste, It takes little, Egoism is over (all Einaudi editions), with the scientific and organizational support ofLuiss Guido Carli, which will host the final ceremony in November 2019.
Theme of the 10th edition of the Non Waste Award
The theme chosen for this year's Award are trees and their protection: how to save them and how to take care of them.
The report on deforestation of the Global Forest Watch, a think tank at the University of Maryland, found that they were lost in 2018 12 million hectares of tropical forests, an area equal to that of Great Britain. At this rate, according to the WWF, the call to lose 230 million hectares of forest by 2050.
SecondAntonio Galdo, creator of theDon't waste award, the time has come for a turning point in the way in which volunteering deals with the theme of urban green: "We need a qualitative leap, starting from a very positive fact. In Italy there are now thousands of associations, in all regions, which are committed to saving, planting and caring for trees. To grow, e in synergy with the public administration and not in substitute, they must be able to form networks, with their own financial strength and mobilization thanks also to the lever of fundraising of small contributions. Crowdfunding can save trees and rebuild our civic communities with a double result; on the one hand, it collects precious resources, on the other, it aggregates, mobilizes people and strengthens human relationships. The step to arrive at a crowdfunding network for trees is short, and this Award, throughout its course, will try to make its small contribution to achieving the goal”.
Don't waste award: how to participate
The 10th edition of the Non Wasting Award is open to individuals and legal entities falling into the following 6 categories:
- Character (identified directly by the members of the Jury)
- Schools and Universities
- Young people (under 35) and startups
Candidates will be able to participate in the call by sending an email to the [email protected] address containing as an attachment:
- Presentation of the project in Powerpoint format
- Photographic images related to the project (jpg format)
- Any videos (possibly included directly in the ppt)
The main objectives that must be the basis of the project to be submitted to the Don't waste award I'm:
- Response to real needs
- Impact - both in terms of beneficiaries reached and in terms of the depth of change
- Relevance of the topic / interest for the reference community.
The form and clarity in the presentation of the project will also be taken into consideration.
The proposals, including those indicated by the community on the Facebook page of Nonsprecare.it, must be received by the deadline of 15 October 2019.
Awarding of the 10th edition of the NonSprecare award
The winner of each section will receive Alce Nero organic products equal to the body weight of the proposers. The award will be awarded on the occasion of the grand final ceremony that will be hosted in Rome by the LUISS Guido Carli University, at the forefront of promoting sustainable activities and culture. The delivery of the Prize will take place at the end of November 2019 at the LUISS headquarters in Viale Romania 32, Rome.
The jury that will identify the winners for each category is composed of:
- Ruggero Casacchia (European and International Relations Office - CNR)
- Lucio Cavazzoni (Co-founder of CONAPI)
- Francesco Rullani (Assistant Professor in Entrepreneurship and Management of Innovation, LUISS Guido Carli - Rome)
- Antonio Galdo (Journalist and writer - President)
- Lorenza Gallotti (E-gazette Director), Mihaela Gavrila (Lecturer in Industry Analysis, La Sapienza University, Rome)
- Jacopo Giliberto (Reporter Sole24Ore)
- Enrico Giovannini (Full Professor of Economic Statistics, Tor Vergata University, Rome)
- Monsignor Vincenzo Paglia (President of the Pontifical Academy for Life)
- Selina Juul (International activist in the fight against food waste and in 2008 citizen of the year in Denmark).
For more information, to apply and to discover the participating projects, you can visit the official page of the award at: www.nonsprecare.it/premio
Opening photo by Johannes Plenio from Pixabay